Installed the Bulkheads

Another milestone today, I installed the bulkheads. 2016-05-10 19.46.24 (Medium) I used hot glue to attach braces to the hull to keep the bulkheads aligned when I epoxy them in place .  For bulkheads #2 and #3 I added a lip which will become a hand hold when someone is sitting on the bridge deck and it will help hold the bridge deck in place when I am epoxying it.  Bulkhead #1 has the cut out for access to the anchor storage and you can see the support for the anchor deck.  I have not decided if I am going to put a door on the opening.  Bulkhead #4 has been replaced with a frame and two seat supports.  The frame is 1-1/2 inches tall and should be less of a trip hazard compared to the original design.  Next I need to finish the filleting of the bulkhead and start making the frames.

One Response to “Installed the Bulkheads”

  1. Mark R says:

    Hi Randy,

    Looking good! It’s always easy to forget how many individual components go into a build. Way to document it for us!